Project Management Fundamentals: A Faithhill Presentation
Date: April 27- May 1, 2015
Venue: Candlewood Suites, Katy, Texas
Project Managers, Project Coordinators, Team Leaders, Aspiring Team Managers, Team Members, and Business Managers across all business functional areas and industries who believe that basic project management skills will help them perform their job responsibilities more effectively.
Project Management Fundamentals
This course provides a foundational knowledge base reflecting the most up-to-date project management information so learners can effectively put principles to work at their own organizations. It also prepares the candidate to undertake the certification examination to become a Project Management Professional (PMP) as administered by the Project Management Institute (PMI).
Course Overview / Description
The mission of project management is to control the unexpected and unpredictable, through processes, in such a way that you meet the cost, quality, and time expectations of all invested parties in order to accomplish a set goal or objective, within a stipulated time frame. All industries employ project managers to implement processes as a way to control business. Certificates will be presented at the end of the course.
• Define basic terminology of project management – April 27, 2015
• Identify the project management life cycle – April 27, 2015, 2014
• Understand the project management knowledge areas – April 27, 2015
• Build an effective WBS and project schedule – April 28, 2015
• Identify, analyze, quantify, mitigate, and manage risks – April 28, 2015
• Create project management plans for quality, communication, resources, and stakeholder management – April 29, 2015
• Visit to the West Houston Chamber of Commerce for networking activities.
• Manage project change through formal change control processes – April 30, 2015
• Close a project – April 30, 2015
• May 1, 2015 – Boat Tour of Port of Houston, with Keynote Presentation covering General Port Overview, The Port of Houston and Global Trade, and Environmental Stewardship.
Fundamentals of Oil & Gas
This course provides a comprehensive overview of the Oil & Gas industry fundamentals, its structure and key terminologies. On completing this module you will have an understanding of:
- The structure of the industry and its different segments.
- Oil and Gas supply chains.
- Oil & Gas economic drivers.
- How you can plug-in to contribute and benefit from the boom.
Course Overview / Description
The oil and gas industry is a principal driver of the global economy. The systems and processes used to produce and commercialize oil and gas are complex, involving large amounts of capital, state-of-the-art technology and vast numbers of skilled personnel serving supply chains that span the globe.
• What is Oil and Gas? / Industry Overview and Segments
• Introduction to the Supply and Value Chains: Upstream to Downstream
• Sectors Involved along the Supply Chain
• Distinct Economic Issues for Oil and Gas Sector
.Note: All study materials will be provided.